Getting Started – Contract Management
1 Getting Started
If you will be logging in for the first time, please refer to the User Setup for Accessing Business Suite page first.
1.1 Logging In
1. Direct your browser to http://<companyname>.fdatasoft.net/cm/
NOTE: Your Fdata contact will notify you what string to use in place of <companyname>.
2. Press the ‘here’ link in ‘Click here to access’ to access the application. This will download cm.jnlp and start the application on your machine and you will use the cm.jnlp to start the application anytime after it has been downloaded. If you should lose the file it may be re-downloaded at the address in step 1.
Figure 1. Contract Management front page
If you are not able to download or start the application you may have to download the latest version of Java. There is a link to do this on the same page to download the application.
3. A screen will appear where you may enter your login information. You will need to have both a username and password to login into the application. Until you have your own username and password using one of the following:
a. Username: contadmin Password: password
b. Username: contreq Password: password
c. Username: contsigner Password: password
d. Username: contappr Password:password
Figure 2. Logon page
1.2 Creating/Updating Information
By now you should have downloaded and started the application. If not, refer to section 1 in this document for instructions on how to start the application. If the links to videos do not correctly work from this document, a list can be found at http://<companyname>.fdatasoft.net/cm/training/index.html.
1. Log in. If you have forgotten your username or password, please contact your administrator/support and he or she will be able to help you.
(From here on in there will be references to the training videos provided with your application)
2. Once logged in you will be displayed the application’s desktop and the Task Inquiry screen. The Task Inquiry screen will show you all the tasks that are associated to you by default. If you uncheck My Tasks Only you can then see every task or search to see tasks for a specific user.
Figure 3. Task Inquiry screen
3. Note at the top of your screen there are dropdown Menus each with individual Menu Items. If you click on a Menu you can then see the Menu Items and choose one that you would like to work on. (Some Menus are hidden for specific users)
4. We will now begin adding Contracts, Amendments and Contract Amounts. Please watch the Contract training video which will walk you through creating a Contract. All fields that are yellow are mandatory and must be filled in prior to creating a record otherwise an error will be displayed referring to the field(s) that has/have been missed.
Figure 4. Contract for Service Maintenance screen
5. Once a Contract has been created you may add a Contract Amount to the Contract, please watch the Contract Amount training video.
6. If you feel comfortable with creating/editing information please continue if not please go back to Step 4 and repeat each step until you do so.
7. You have successfully created different types of Contracts. Once your Contract has been created you may now edit any of the information for that Contract. Depending on your security permissions you may be able to add different items to a Contract, such as Contract Amounts, Amendments or begin a Contracts workflow.
8. To help begin the Workflow you may watch the Workflow training video.
9. You should now have a good understanding of how our application works. You can now go try doing some of the many other things our application does. For instance, creating an MOU, Contacts, running Reports or creating Payables for the Contracts.
2 Managing the Application
2.1 Creating Users with LDAP
To create users using LDAP all that needs to be done is to be logged in with a user that has access to the Security menu. Choose the Security menu and click on the Sync with LDAP item. This will automatically go to your LDAP server and automatically create employees and users for your system. An employee will be linked directly with their username/password as it is set in LDAP. Each user will be given a default Role. To add different roles see the next section below.
If you would like specific user accounts created, please contact your Fdata customer support representative.
2.2 Adding Access Roles
Select the user to add new access roles to and press Update. Go to the Roles tab and press Associate.
Click on the Associate button at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up all the roles available in the application. Click on the Role that the user required. This will add it to the Roles list. Continue until all the required Roles have been added.
The user should at least have the USER role so they can log into the application.
Figure 5. User Maintenance screen
Thank you for going through this walkthrough. Should any questions/errors arise, please refer to http://www.foundationdms.com/framework/documentation/administrators-guide/common-errors,
Or contact your Fdata customer support representative should you not be able to find your answer at the addresses above.