Install Java 6.0 on Linux
Downloading and Installing Java 6.0
To download and install Java 6.0:
- Download the latest version of Java 6.0 for Linux from the Java download website (http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp) to your desktop.
- As root run the file jdk-6u3-linux-i586-rpm.bin
- Read the license agreement. If you agree, accept the terms of the license agreement.
Verifying the Java 6.0 Installation
To verify that Java 6.0 was installed correctly:
- Navigate to the directory /usr/java/jdk1.6.0/bin.
- Run java –version
java version “1.6.0”
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode)
- Add the directory /usr/java/jdk1.6.0/bin to your PATH environment variable.
If you have any problems installing Java 6.0 on Linux, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit the Fdata Framework website at http://www.foundationdms.com/framework.