Fdata’s Framework is a Java development toolkit and methodology that creates Enterprise data management applications. Fdata’s Model First approach enables organizations to build enterprise data management applications that are cost effective, user friendly, functional, customizable, maintainable and secure.
Based on proven Java, UML modeling, relational and object database technology Framework accelerates the development of data management enterprise applications by 50-80% compared to traditional development.
Framework is a comprehensive methodology and framework of proven, customizable, and extendable systems components to:
- Model business data, processes and their relationships
- Present and display data using an advanced graphical user interface (GUI)
- Create and update defined SQL Server or Oracle databases
- Provide systems management support for security, logging, exception handling, messaging, network transport and service management
See the feature summary for more details.
Fdata Framework uses industry standard UML diagrams to model data entities, attributes and relationship s using any Java IDE (Integrated Development Environment). The data model is the basis that Foundation uses to drive the development and creation of data management applications. These applications capture and display, control and transfer raw business data from source to a usable systems database. An application created with Framework is fully customizable and can be used to drive additional business processes or integration with existing legacy systems.
Fdata Framework consists of:
- A library of over 450 Java classes that can easily be specialized by a developer.
- Common IDE plugins with a Project Wizard to assist in application setup to prepare for the building of the application.
- Integration with popular Integrated Development Environments such as Eclipse and Oracle’s JDevloper.
Fdata’s Model First approach ensures that business requirements are captured and prototyped early in the development cycle. Changes to requirements can be made in the Model and immediately reflected within the application, without any need for redevelopment. In an ever-changing business world this means that the application can adapt without the need of recoding – a saving of time and effort and a reduction in application errors.
New developer documentation, including the Developers Guide and Java API, has been published to the Documentation section of the developers website.
The plugin for Oracle JDeveloper 10.1.3 is now available. Click here to get started.
The plugin for Eclipse 3.1.1 is now available. Click here to get started.
Model First Development
Fdata’s “Model First” approach ensures your business requirements are captured and prototyped first. Changes to requirements can be made in the Model and immediately reflected within the application, without any need for redevelopment. In an ever-changing business world your application can adapt without the need of recoding – a savings of time and effort and a reduction in application errors. Click here for more information.
Framework has been certified to run on the following:
- Oracle 10g R2 – Windows and Linux
- Oracle 11g (coming soon)
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP Professional and Home, Vista
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Fedora Core 4 and 5, Ubuntu 7 and 8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, 2003 Server